midi over wifi (to windows-pc)

This is the place to start....
Erik

midi over wifi (to windows-pc)

Post by Erik »

I recently bought an ipad and drumjam. Great fun, and impressive sounds, too! I have a question about sending/receiving midi over a (wifi) network. Please bear with me - I'm just a beginner with all this. This is the case:

I use cubase (7) on a windows-PC. I managed to import the drumjam-audio files over the network and import them into a cubase track.

However.

Would it be possible somehow to have drumjam send the midi-signals over the wifi-network to a windows-PC, in a way so that I could record the midi notes live onto a Cubase track? I understand that I will not have the drumjam-audio that way, but I want to use the recorded midi-events to trigger one of my drum-vst's.

I read something about "virtual midi", but I am not sure whether I'm on the right track. Maybe someone can push me into the right direction?

Thanks & regards,
Erik

jwhite9765

Re: midi over wifi (to windows-pc)

Post by jwhite9765 »

I second this request.
Does anyone know how to send a DJ MIDI recording over WiFi to a PC?

jesse

Post by jesse »

The first thing to know is that DrumJam does not currently record or playback any midi, all recordings are audio. The only midi output available is from live playing in the pad area. If that is all you needed, you can use rtpMIDI on your windows PC to connect with the network session midi output from your iOS device. Check it out at http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html .

jwhite9765

Post by jwhite9765 »

Thank You!