Complete MIDI support

Want some more features? Ask here.
joe

Complete MIDI support

Post by joe »

First I must to say that you've done awesome job with the kit sound quality!
I tried this on my friend iPad and I especially like the Scott Pellegrom kits.
However, I'm searching for an iPad drum app that I could play with my midi drum pads (korg padcontrol / akai mpd32..). Drumjam already has support for midi, so it would be fantastic if you could perfect it even more.

1) The most important thing would be having closed and open hi-hat on different midi notes instead of the same note and different velocity.

2) would it be possible to add support for up to 16 pads (with different sounds) as that's a standard on many drum pads? For maximal playability, in addition to separate open and closed hi-hat, I would love to see the hi-hat pedal sound, have both ride and the ride bell sound on multiple kits, have a small crash or splash in addition to the standard crash, three toms, and finally a cow bell. That would make the kits complete in my opinion.

3) would it be possible to have the master volume midi-controllable too? Using the same midi channel used for drum notes. Many apps do this and i find it extremely useful.

4) midi mapping, or the ability to choose or at least see what notes are used for different pads / sounds.

5) perhaps even the possibility to build user kits using all the app sounds?

Your app already has the most important part of a good drum app - kick ass sounds.
If you could add a complete midi support, I wouldn't look back at other drum apps no more.
(Already find it hard to use the not so good sounding alternatives as I'm forced to do for now)
Hopefully this is not a big thing to do as basic midi support is already there.

Thank you and all the best!

jesse

Re: Complete MIDI support

Post by jesse »

Well, the update coming out this week has at least separate open and closed hi-hats for the GM midi bindings on the kits. It also has a full midi CC interface for every control in the app. However, you'll have to wait until the update after to get custom user-made kits in the app.

See the update notes (with comments) here:
http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4595/ ... d-to-apple

Also, #3 there are now separate CCs for the kit volume and the loops volume... I didn't add one that does them both.

So, 1 down, 4 to go :)

joe

Re: Complete MIDI support

Post by joe »

jesse wrote:Well, the update coming out this week has at least separate open and closed hi-hats for the GM midi bindings on the kits. It also has a full midi CC interface for every control in the app. However, you'll have to wait until the update after to get custom user-made kits in the app.

See the update notes (with comments) here:
http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4595/ ... d-to-apple

Also, #3 there are now separate CCs for the kit volume and the loops volume... I didn't add one that does them both.

So, 1 down, 4 to go :)

Awesome news, thank you so much!
I already went ahead and bought the app on my own ipad too.

I'd actually say 2 down 3 to go. :)
(I won't be using loops, so adjusting the kit volume via midi is enough for me.)