Zendrum with Drumjam

Want some more features? Ask here.
tedrum

Zendrum with Drumjam

Post by tedrum »

Without a doubt, this app has the best playability with the Zendrum. Using the Zen as a midi controller produces an incredible variation in dynamics. Every nuance seems perfectly translated into sound. The sounds themselves are very expressive with lots of color and timbre changes. It makes me want to play! Love it!
And therein lies the problem.

Please more drum kits! For pop and rock, the choices are too limited. They just don't cut through a rock band. I like the world percussion for sure, but it's not what I need for most gigs. I want to play this app, but need more standard drum kits.

Perhaps the fix is as easy as allowing the individual loop instruments to be user assigned into a 16 pad playable template?

???

jesse

Re: Zendrum with Drumjam

Post by jesse »

Is there a particular example of pop/rock kit that you are looking to get closer to?

The loops aren't actually sequenced playable instruments, they are rendered loops and we probably don't have the rights to present the source of those particular loops in a sampled kit form.

I agree, more standard kits should be on our priority list for upcoming content.

tedrum

Re: Zendrum with Drumjam

Post by tedrum »

Not a particular kit.

I use Ableton with Session Drums at home and really like Cold Tight kit. For a simple live rig with Zendrum augmenting my acoustic kit playing, I have imported some of these samples into Nano Studio on my IPad + Alesis docking station. I also trigger other samples from this app with an Alesis Control Pad while playing kit. Of course, I don't have dynamic timbre changes in this app, which I really miss. Hence, the dilemma.
I've been reluctant to bring the laptop since I only use Zendrum for 3-5 songs. To date, I haven't found an app that gives me the sounds + dynamics + fast triggering for the IPAD. Each app is missing some part of the equation. Even though Drumjam is pretty limited on quantity of drum sounds available to play via midi, I have the most hope that this will be the best solution once more standard drums kits are made available (fingers crossed).