Tunable tabla/misc

Want some more features? Ask here.
yowza

Tunable tabla/misc

Post by yowza »

It would be nice to have the high pitched tabla sound (which is currently a C note) be tunable.
I know from personal tabla playing experience there is a narural tuning range for tabla so it's not necessary to have it be tuned to any chromatic pitch which could sound artificial but if it could be tunable chromatically from say a B note up to an E or maybe F then you could at least find a pitch that is in "tune" with your music.

I would like to echo the requests for more time signatures as well as more rhythm styles especially jazz which would make an already incredible app even more over the top.

Thanks for Drumjam!!

jesse

Re: Tunable tabla/misc

Post by jesse »

Just to verify, are you talking about the tabla loops pitch?

If you are referring to the tabla pad instrument, you can adjust the pitch of the whole thing with the pitch control (turning it to 'free' mode, instead of sprung).

We hear you regarding the time signatures, as well as some jazz kit loops, thanks for the feedback!

yowza

Post by yowza »

I do mean the pitch of the high tabla drum in the loops and I realize it may be hard to change the pitch of that drum. I had not discovered the ability to change the tabla pitch in the Pads until you mentioned it so thanks for the tip. As a work around I could mute the high tabla drum in one of the loops and manually trigger the drum from the pads tuned to the correct pitch and then record that.

Thanks

reeclarck

Post by reeclarck »

However, one part that's missing...what pretty much every developer keeps missing, to be fair...is the ability to assign MIDI to the XY pad and effects parameters. There's other great apps like MidiMe that have a range to XY pads on the screen. It would be great to have DrumJam and other apps playing in the background, while I'm controlling the XY and effects with MidiMe or any number of other apps. Simply assigning a CC note etc to these parameters would open up the level of control considerably.