Suggestions for Live Performance

Want some more features? Ask here.
mtarolli

Suggestions for Live Performance

Post by mtarolli »

This app is incredibly useful for adding rhythm to an acoustic duo.

For performing live it might be useful to have:

1) A "performance mode" that makes only key features available (bigger stop/start buttons might be one way to accomplish this). If anyone can suggest a foot-pedal method for controlling start-stop it would help me greatly (I think this possibility exists via MIDI, but any info about specifics is appreciated)

2) In addition to fade in/fade out, a setting to allow a tight stop after a defined number of measures might be cool.

3) As others have suggested, the ability to add randomization in a more subtle way. For example, the ability to randomize a shaker pattern between one, two, or three similar loops. Currently, randomization can produce drastic changes in tone/feel even within the same instrument.
3a) Also, some method for visualizing the pattern of a given loop position (For example, the ability to see that position 1 is a simple downbeat, where position 15 contains a more complex pattern - Perhaps a small grid, typical of a step sequencer that displays an approximation of where the hits are.)
3b) Overall, the randomization function is great fun for practicing, and for discovering great sounding combinations, but some enhancement could make it even closer to 'having a real percussionist in the room'. Using certain techniques, I've been able to achieve a very good end result regardless...

4) At this risk of repeating a theme, it would be nice if there was a way to avoid (or at least differentiate) loops within the same instrument that have significantly different tones/feels from one another (For example, the amount of variation in the shaker tones)

5) If it ain't broke, don't fix it - I've seen suggestions for the ability to record/edit, create sequences, import custom loops, etc. It's all fine with me, but there are plenty of apps that do that stuff. This app is the only one I've found, and I've previewed/downloaded/tested many dozens, that does what it does: Creates unbelievably great/natural-sounding loops on the fly in seconds.

6) Nitpick: The ability to change/remove/adjust contrast for the blue background would be nice to accommodate different situations.

This app is unparalleled at sounding like a real percussionist... I don't know what kind of voodoo is at work, but the grooves sound so great.

jan van duren

Re: Suggestions for Live Performance

Post by jan van duren »

same here. bigger buttons for use on stage!!!

janloran

Re: Suggestions for Live Performance

Post by janloran »

hello i know this post is very old ;-) but in 2022 ... The bluetooth pedal irig blueboard works very well with the app ;-) you just need to assign the correct CC (find in the doc).