No Audio Ouptut

Report anything that appears to be problem here.
mtarolli

No Audio Ouptut

Post by mtarolli »

First, this app is fantastic...

Problem:
After a period of inactivity, returning to the app produces no output. Controls seem to function (play buttons/pads light as expected), but no sound.

It does seem like the "Change Pending" indicator may be 'stuck' also at this point - Next time this happens I will verify whether the beat count is functioning.

Will disabling the sleep function help to avoid this?

The only solution I've found is to restart the iPad.

jesse

Re: No Audio Ouptut

Post by jesse »

Killing the app should suffice, you shouldn't need to restart the whole device. Double-tap the home button to bring up the task bar, press and hold the icon there until the red remove indicators appear, press the red indicator to kill the app.

As for the cause of it, I will need to investigate further to try to reproduce it. How often does it happen for you? Is there anything you are doing just prior that may be a clue?

mtarolli

Re: No Audio Ouptut

Post by mtarolli »

Thanks for the quick reply.

This has happened three times in as many days, but I'm going to guess that there's a resource conflict somewhere. I'm not using Audiobus or other audio software, but do a fair bit of switching between other apps and Drumjam.

I'll definitely pay more attention to what's happening so I can provide useful details if it continues.