Sync Drum Jam to Drum Jam

Want some more features? Ask here.
whalegroover

Sync Drum Jam to Drum Jam

Post by whalegroover »

I'm new to apps and wireless midi but would like to sync Drum Jam running on my iphone with Drum Jam running on my ipad mini. Is there a way to do this?
thanks!

jesse

Re: Sync Drum Jam to Drum Jam

Post by jesse »

Yes you can!

Start up DrumJam on both devices, make sure they are both on the same wifi network. Choose one to be the master, on that on go to Preferences->MIDI Setup, and turn on the Clock Output on Network Session under Output Connections. Down at the bottom under Remote Hosts you should see your other device listed by name, press that item to connect to it (you should see a checkmark afterwards). Now on the other device, go to the MIDI Setup and turn on Clock Input on the Network Session entry under Input Connections. That's it! When you start/stop and change tempo on the master device, the other should follow. Sometimes things won't sync up right after you change the tempo, usually stopping and starting will lock it in.

whalegroover

Post by whalegroover »

Thank you!!! can't wait to get home and try it out :)

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Love the app, love the way the samples on the pads are layered by velocity. It would be great to have round-robin samples for each velocity layer to get a bit more variation when rapidly triggering the same pad at the same velocity level.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest CCNA 200-120 exam and high quality network plus study guide pdf and ccnp routing and switching - pass4-sure mcdst demos. We provide updated www.berklee.edu questions with Olivet Nazarene University

jesse

Post by jesse »

You are right, this is done when you use the pad auto-repeat, but not otherwise... I'm going to change that in a future release.

Stefanoni

Post by Stefanoni »

since "ableton link" it's very ease:

Just turn on the Option "Ableton Link" on both Apps (be sure, you are on the same wlan)