Is Pete still planning to do more loops and styles?

Want some more features? Ask here.
Sirhans

Is Pete still planning to do more loops and styles?

Post by Sirhans »

Some older posts said that Pete has big plans to do a lot more drum styles. Are those plans still in the works?

P.s. I would really love to see drum jam expanded and would be happy to pay more for it.

jesse

Re: Is Pete still planning to do more loops and styles?

Post by jesse »

Yes, several new loop sets and instruments are coming up, already in the can. They will be in app purchases and will become available in a future update. They will include Taiko, more Indian, electro and more.

Please feel free to request specific styles you want to see down the road!

Sirhans

Post by Sirhans »

That's fantastic!

As for style requests, I'd really like to see some straight up simple stuff, it might not be fun to make but it would combine with other beats to offer more possibilities. Here's a short list of ideas I would definitely buy if they showed up in an in app purchase:

1. Bass drum playing straight quarter notes with hi hat closing on two and four
( this may sound ridiculously simple but its the basis for so many stevie wonder, al green, and lots of other r+b and its the beat i use most for practicing and thinking of new ideas. Additionally, because it's so simple it mixes well with almost any other beat in 4/4 time )

2. Reggae beats, especially old roots reggae like the wailers, Gregory isaacs

3. Fusion jazz, Alex acuna style, weather report

4. Gospel styles, both fast and slow, like Fred Hammond band

5. Blues styles, like John lee hooker, stevie ray Vaughan

6. Straight-up rock with a clean sound, for jamming to songs like billy joel style

PierreBalez

Post by PierreBalez »

Yes, hope to have update soon, and in-app purchases for more instruments (want to play tambourine) and loops are fine. For the loops, New Orleans second line and Mardi gras indian style will be anabsolute dream.

Jimbo821

Post by Jimbo821 »

I really like Sirhans' suggestions. Most of these would be really helpful to me. I LOVE this app! ThumbJam is awesome, too.
As for style requests, I'd really like to see some straight up simple stuff, it might not be fun to make but it would combine with other beats to offer more possibilities. Here's a short list of ideas I would definitely buy if they showed up in an in app purchase:

1. Bass drum playing straight quarter notes with hi hat closing on two and four
( this may sound ridiculously simple but its the basis for so many stevie wonder, al green, and lots of other r+b and its the beat i use most for practicing and thinking of new ideas. Additionally, because it's so simple it mixes well with almost any other beat in 4/4 time )

2. Reggae beats, especially old roots reggae like the wailers, Gregory isaacs

3. Fusion jazz, Alex acuna style, weather report

4. Gospel styles, both fast and slow, like Fred Hammond band

5. Blues styles, like John lee hooker, stevie ray Vaughan

6. Straight-up rock with a clean sound, for jamming to songs like billy joel style[/quote]

obiwahnkentobi

Post by obiwahnkentobi »

YES, the option to bring your own samples inside would be great, but i will def. pay for new instr. as in app purchases too

lilylara

Post by lilylara »

Woot woot. Thanks for the update, Jesse. That's good to know. On a side note, it might be a good idea to add a sleep timer as well so I don't stay up until 2 in the morning on a work night again. You guys have done a great job. Again.

selftestengine selftestengine
learnspanishonline how to learn spanish free online
learnalanguage learnalanguage.com - learn italian language
learn-french learn french for kids
pimsleur-review pimsleur english - pimsleur-review.com
Last edited by lilylara on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

obiwahnkentobi

Post by obiwahnkentobi »

can yout tell us how long do you think it will need to bring the new styles/instruments/funs to life?

you wrote "Postby jesse » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 am " several new loop sets and instruments are coming up, already in the can."

thx
tobi