Loops aren't MIDI patterns

Want some more features? Ask here.
zetagy

Loops aren't MIDI patterns

Post by zetagy »

I want to be congratulating you on a great app release,
but I Am So Bummed Right Now because all of these great pattern sets are not MIDI sequences-!
I thought that would be the whole point of this app-!
I was looking forward to sending MIDI out to other drum machines,
it looks like i can only do that from the solo instrument pads, not the loops.
-
Oh well, so far so good. I'll find a use for this app, just not the one i expected.

jesse

Re: Loops aren't MIDI patterns

Post by jesse »

Sorry for the misunderstanding! The looped instruments are very specifically *not* sequences, they are generally high quality recordings of a master percussionist (Pete) performing on real instruments! Although I can see how you might want to have those patterns in MIDI form, the main point was to provide authentic beats on authentic instruments, with a novel way of mixing them all together.

Hopefully you'll still have fun sending MIDI out to other drum instrument apps using the more humanistic control of the pads.

We haven't ruled out the possibility of mapping the other patterns into MIDI in the future, it just isn't a top priority right now.

hallygally

Post by hallygally »

I´m happy they are not Midi although the idea is sympathic at first sight. But if it is midi the dynamic wouldn´t be as it is now.
For those who are keen on bringing it to Midi the toontrack software "drumtracker" could help.

checkrath

Post by checkrath »

Understand that the loops aren't MIDI patterns.. That being said, it would be nice if the loops could be assigned to MIDI notes and therefore triggered by virtual MIDI

jesse

Post by jesse »

That is a cool feature request. How would you envision the note events controlling the loops? Toggle their muted state with NoteOns?

FreddieD

Post by FreddieD »

Yes, please add a feature to export any content as MIDI as well as audio. It would be tremendous for me (and , I think for many others) if we could generate a MIDI loop and paste it into our other sequenced projects. I'd like the choice to paste either audio or use MIDI and use my other sampled sounds. By pasting it in as MIDI, I can make alterations to the final output...

Rob

Post by Rob »

I too was very disappointed to find that the loops do not output MIDI data. This app is now very little use to me. :cry:
I wish this fact was listed on the iTunes app page.