Update? Custom Drum Kits?

This is the place to start....
soundog

Update? Custom Drum Kits?

Post by soundog »

Thought I'd post here rather than in the Feature Request section, since this has already been requested. Way back in 2014, Jesse mentioned that an update was planned that would allow users to create their own custom drum kit/pads. This would enable users to import our own samples, but especially to customize pan and level for each pad.

I have yet to find an app that approaches usefulness as a live performance drum app and for recording, but without the ability to customize drum kits I'm not able to use it for performance just yet, and was hoping an update would arrive.

Any plans or should I give up all hope ye who enter here? :roll:

jesse

Re: Update? Custom Drum Kits?

Post by jesse »

Yikes, 2014!

This is still on the roadmap, but it may show up in a follow-on DrumJam app that takes a slightly different approach than the classic version, allowing some new things to happen that many people have requested over the years. Basically, by allowing the loops section to be sequenced grooves, instead of time-stretched audio loops, and integrating the live play more closely, so user-performances can be recorded and played back seamlessly within the app alongside them. Obviously, this approach will rely heavily on the sample-based kits, which will be improved, and also integrate user-created kits. It will also support all the new standards, including AU, etc.

This is the first time I've publically announced our intentions for a new DrumJam app!

soundog

Post by soundog »

You put it out there, Jesse, I'll be one of the first to buy it! :!:

Interesting, I didn't know the current loops were time-stretched audio, I always thought they were sample-based sequences. Revising to sample-based so the pads and sequences work together makes perfect sense and would be powerful indeed.

AU support as in plug-in for DAW?

jesse

Post by jesse »

Yes, it would support being an AU plugin that could be inserted into a DAW on iOS... and even potentially on Mac/PC down the road.