DrumJam Midi with HPD

This is the place to start....
davidoco

DrumJam Midi with HPD

Post by davidoco »

I am trying to connect my Roland HPD-20 via MIDI to my iPad to control DrumJam from the HPD-20.
I would like to be able to Start or Stop a DrumJam loop by tapping on a pad on the HPD-20.

To try this I have one of these - https://www.roland.com/uk/products/um-one_mk2/ - a Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI Interface.
I have connected this into the back of the HPD-20 and then, using the USB camera adaptor, connected it to the iPad.

I then set the Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI Interface to the Tablet setting rather than the computer setting.

This ensured that the Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI Interface USB light came on, so I know it is working.

I then set the MIDI channet on the HPD-20 to 10 and the MIDI Input and Output channel to 10 within the DrumJam app.
I can see that the UM-ONE is being seen within the MIDI settings within DrumJam

I then set one of the HPD-20 pads to a MIDI note of 118, which I believe is the MIDI note within DrumJam to do this - 118 - Play Toggle (or Clock Start/Stop)

I then hit the relevant pad hoping that this would toggle the on/off loop switch within DrumJam - but it doesn’t work.

So the overview is
• I believe that this is the best conector - Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB MIDI Interface.
• It is being seen within DrumJam.
• The MIDI Channels are the same on both devices.
• A Roland pad is set to the correct MIDI number.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this does not work?