6/8?

Want some more features? Ask here.
Drumjazz

6/8?

Post by Drumjazz »

This app is so deep! I can only imagine the amount of time it must have taken to produce it. Bravo! :D

I would love to have 6/8 rhythms available at some point: Afro-Cuban, blues drumming, Purdie shuffle, etc. Pretty deep field, I know, and thanks for considering it.

jesse

Re: 6/8?

Post by jesse »

Thanks for the suggestions! We'll definitely take them into account....

obiwahnkentobi

Post by obiwahnkentobi »

+1

Daev

Post by Daev »

The case for more beat cycles is strong, and it goes beyond 3/4 and 6/8. I work with iTablo Pro, Impaktor, Brazilian Beats and of course GarageBand in addition to Drum Jam. iTabla Pro has a great range of beat cycles including 7.5, 8.5 9.5 and 10.5 (which can be thought of as 15, 17 19 and 21). Brazilian Beats has a Samba in 7/4. Impaktor can be set to 'odd' cycles 7 and 9 as well as 12 and 24. There are many parts of the world where these cycles are everyday dance beats, not exotic. They are increasingly important in World Jazz - ref. the instant classics of Rabih Abou Khalil and Avishai Cohen (bass player, not trumpeter). West Africa can often be thought of as a 12/8 culture, with 'swing' simply one of the possible patterns. I have examples of 9/8 from Ghana.

Garageband can now work in any-numbered 'odd' beats. The old routine of creating cycles in the usual 4, 8, 16 cycles, cutting and pasting extra beats and looping the result was tiresome—and is now obsolete! I love to use the sounds on Drum Jam, especially the ability to jam on top, then add other instruments or cross-fade with other drums on Garageband. So we need these cycles!

vpmitchell

Post by vpmitchell »

+1

abbrown

Post by abbrown »

+2