Time signature variability and freedom

Want some more features? Ask here.
Jambi

Time signature variability and freedom

Post by Jambi »

I apologize if this is a repeat thread, but anyways...
I compose largely with a Korg Kaoss Pad 3 and iPhone. I like odd meters (i.e. 7/8, 5/8, 9/8, 13/8, you name it) and would like available as much time signature variability as can be programmed for this application, sequentially up to at least 20 or 30 beats a bar, or preferably, user keypad input-able . I like juxtaposing different overlapping instruments at different time signatures (exhibit A: Frank Zappa's "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Sexually Aroused Gas Mask," off Weasels Ripped My Flesh). Furthermore, I like changing the main time signatures multiple times within a composition, so the ability to sequence varied time signatures for a variable numbers of bars would be an invaluable tool for me as well. The Korg iKaossilator is really the only tool I have available to use multiple instruments at different meters and to change a time signature instantly, but alas, without sequencing, and of course, with that inescapable dancehall/raver vibe. Ugh!
I'm willing to bet this app is already capable of doing one or more of the things I mentioned (and I only got it yesterday!), but I hope these suggestions will help with product development and improved functionality. Thank you for such already wonderful products!

jesse

Re: Time signature variability and freedom

Post by jesse »

Actually, doing completely arbitrary time signatures in DrumJam is not likely to happen soon because the loop content here is not sequenced, but actual recorded audio performances by Pete. We are planning to do some common alternate signatures at some point in the future, and might be able to coerce our existing content into other meters, but not at the expense of quality results. If at some even further future point we decide to redesign based on sequenced instead of performed recorded loops, things could change, but we have no immediate plans for such a redesign.

We do plan on adding loop sequencing so you can build up a song based on changes in the loops.

arohi

Re: Time signature variability and freedom

Post by arohi »

Second the request for more solo instruments. I'd love to have a few more electronic kits.
pass4sure pass4sure.mx
Certkiller ccie security certification dumps Certkiller ccie security certification dumps
Certkiller scwcd certification dumps Certkiller scwcd certification dumps
Certkiller mcitp certification dumps Certkiller mcitp certification dumps